Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Reward Points when Shopping

Steaus
Explorer C

I needed points to qualify for the companion fares for next year. I upgraded my cc to get a bonus $5,000 plus I started shopping online through the SW Rapids Rewards Shopping site.  My question is, I have enough points through shopping since Nov 28th, when will they post to my rapid rewards account so I can see that I qualify for the companion fares for next year?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Rapid Reward Points when Shopping

Steaus
Explorer C

I'm sorry I meant 5,000 in points for upgrading my cc.

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Assuming you are trying to qualify for Companion Pass:

Rapid Rewards Shopping points can take several weeks to post, although sometimes they may post more quickly. Check the terms of the individual offers you participated in for the details. People have been reporting quicker posting of points from RR Shopping lately, so hopefully that works out for you as well.

To qualify for CP, you'll need 110,000 CPQ points to post to your Rapid Rewards account before Dec. 31st. Be aware that for any points from your Southwest RR credit card to count, they will need to be earned (posted to your credit card account) prior to the cutoff for your December statement. Any points you earn after that won't count (they'll be sent to Southwest after the cutoff for your January statement and will count towards 2019 earning).

Hope this helps! Good luck!

khowardga
Explorer C

I'm curious about this as I know that it says it takes weeks to post but when I read the rules here, if it was purchased in 2018 it should apply towards the 2019 companion pass if it's through a rewards partner.  I know that the credit card points must post in 2018 to go towards this.

I'm praying this is the case or I'll be kicking myself.