Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Rewards Chase Visa/California Companion Pass offer...? Still not showing

rmf
Explorer C

I have been pretty patient on this one and have only gotten canned responses from SWA so far so here goes...

I applied for, and was approved for, the Chase Visa credit card with the special promotion for a Companion Pass (California residents) back in November. Two billing cycles have passed and still no Companion Pass. Chase admittedly bungled the process at first by sending my card to an old address (not sure why) but the CP part is squarely in Southwest's court. I applied for the card intentionally to utilize the CP for my fiancee this year, and we have a trip coming up in about a week and a half and STILL no CP. Furthermore, there are people who got the pass right away.

The Chase rep did say that SWA got over 250k applications for this offer. But if you offer a promotion, you should hold up your end, regardless of the deluge of applications.

At the end of the day, I just want an update on my CP, but again, I have gotten only canned responses so far.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Rapid Rewards Chase Visa/California Companion Pass offer...? Still not showing

franktravel
Aviator B

Have you logged into your RR account and looked at your future flights?  You should see add Companion next to your flight.  Sometimes you may not get notification of Companion status but are able to add Companion. Worth a try!

Re: Rapid Rewards Chase Visa/California Companion Pass offer...? Still not showing

rmf
Explorer C

Hi!

Yes, I have been checking that pretty much every day after reading that some folks were adding CP's this way. Sadly I am not seeing that option yet 😞

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Your post didn't mention it -- when did you make the minumium spend requirement?

rmf
Explorer C

Hi, I made my first purchase in December. The CA companion pass offer stated that you get the CP after the first purchase. Two billing cycles have passed (my closing dates were 12/2 and 1/2, respectively). Thanks.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Have the points from that first purchase posted to your Rapid Rewards account? If so, reach out to Southwest Customer Relations (best bet is via Twitter).

If not, verify that you met the terms of the offer (below) and contact Chase.

• This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Rapid Rewards Credit Card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Rapid Rewards Credit Card who received a new cardmember bonus for a Rapid Rewards Credit Card within the last 24 months.
  • Only the Rapid Rewards Member who received the email/offer from Southwest Airlines is eligible for this promotion. Unfortunately, the offer is nontransferable.
  • To qualify for this offer, (a) Member must have a valid California address listed on their application for the Rapid Rewards Credit Card, (b) Member must open a Rapid Rewards Credit Card by November 30, 2017.
  • Please allow up to 15 business days after qualifying for promotional Companion Pass to receive your notification to designate your Companion.

rmf
Explorer C

After several calls and disconnects, I found out that my CP was "added yesterday", but may "take 15 days to show up in my account". The SWA rep on the phone was unmoved by the fact that this means I won't get to use it on my trip next week...despite the fact I was approved 2 MONTHS AGO, and she verified verbally that I had qualified for the targeted CP offer. Not even a "sorry" in front of the explanation. Just that it would take 15 days, making no effort to rectify the situation whatsoever. Will be escalating this matter soon, this is not how a top carrier provides customer service to cardholders...