Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Rewards Number add to Group Booking

garymichelson1
Explorer B

I have a group reservation and am trying to add my Rapid Rewards Number to the reservation. I called Southwest and they said I need the confirmation or the last 4 digits of the credit card used for the reservation. My wife won these trips through her company and the flight is being paid through her company. This also involves a third party doing the reservations. 

Anyway, the the company with the confirmation number will not give me the number, they say they will check us in 24 hours prior and Southwest does NOT allow to add early bird to group bookings. This is fine for me as I am AList Preferred. 

All I want to do is add my Rapid Rewards number to the reservation. If it was on the reservation, wouldn't  the flight would show up in my upcoming travel?  Thanks for any help.

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Rapid Rewards Number add to Group Booking

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You're kinda stuck here if the booking party doesn't share the confirmation number. Without the confirmation number you won't be able to add your Rapid Rewards number to your reservation. Only after you add your RR to the reservation would the flight show up in your account as an upcoming trip and you would get A-List boarding status. If you can't get the confirmation number my suggestion would be to get your RR number added to the reservation at the ticket counter or at the gate on the day of travel. Then you could at least board at A61, after the A group finishes boarding and before family boarding. If you just say your RR number was left off the reservation they should be able to add it and reprint your boarding pass with A-List status indicated.

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!

garymichelson1
Explorer B

Yes that can be done, however, come on Southwest! When I called Southwest, the customer service person could see by my name I was on the flight. But she couldn't add my Rapid Rewards Number without either the confirmation number or the last four numbers on the credit card used. Come on Southwest! I'm just adding my RR number. Give me a break. I'll never use Southwest again as my carrier for Group Bookings.

Sad!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Seems that the problem isn't Southwest as much as it is the person who is unwilling to share the confirmation number with you. If you were organizing the group booking you would have the confirmation number and wouldn't have this problem. It's pretty simple to add at the airport as I previously suggested, probably quicker than calling.

--TheMiddleSeat

garymichelson1
Explorer B

Seems like the problem is a combination of Southwest and the booking. I wasn't looking for whom to put the blame on. What I am simply saying is that Southwest can see I am on the flight. Therefore to put simply, why can't they add RR number? That being added after identifying myself sufficiently for Southwest. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@garymichelson1 wrote:

Seems like the problem is a combination of Southwest and the booking. I wasn't looking for whom to put the blame on. What I am simply saying is that Southwest can see I am on the flight. Therefore to put simply, why can't they add RR number? That being added after identifying myself sufficiently for Southwest. 

But then you would see the confirmation number which the travel agent didn't want you to have for whatever reason, I don't think your RR can be added without giving you the full access.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Have you asked the company/travel agent to add your RR number for you?

Groups on Southwest is kinda an odd bird. Using them gains a couple of big benefits with delayed payment and name changes (particularly important for larger groups), and possibly a small discount, but the trade offs are numerous. Situations like this one, the inability to add EBCI, and often insanely long wait times for phone support. 

To the OP: If they're unable to add your RR number prior to flying, be sure to make a note of your confirmation number (from your boarding pass) so that you can request the points for your flight after the fact. 

garymichelson1
Explorer B

That is the problem I have been stating. IF they see my name and I verify identity to Southwest, they should allow me to add my RR. I know what they said, I am just saying that they should be able to add my RR to a reservation IF I identify myself to them. This ain't rocket science. I don't know the reason the travel agency doesn't give me the confirmation number or do I care to know. SIMPLY put, Southwest should let me add my RR number. 
END OF THIS DISCUSSION! 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I would assume that as a travel agency they can't give that information out becuase you'd be able to change the reservation yourself?

I'm not sure - anyone else have this issue working with third-party travel planners?

I"m not overly familiar with the group travel, but if you can control the reservation in any way once you have the confirmatoin number, they wouldn't want to do that in general.

Anyway - can you call them back and have them add your RR number maybe two days ahead of the trip? That way you can get your T-36 check-in and they might not have as many worries about the trip management. (Not you, but I'm sure they have a policy against this from prior people taking advantage of the system.)

I'm afraid I'm with Southwest on this one, they have to stick with the travel agent in this case.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

garymichelson1
Explorer B

OMG!