Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Rewards Points Clarification

girouxj
Explorer C

I have a Rapid Rewards CC and I recently purchased 6 tickets for my family trip. The cost was placed on the CC and has since been paid off. This being said, I guess I have three questions about this process:

1) Do I receive points for using the CC to buy the tickets?

2) Do I also get the 1,800 earned points as it states for my ticket on the trip?

3) No one else has a RR # so does their 1,800 points a ticket disappear or do those earned ticket points get credited to my account?

Any help on clarifying these questions would be much appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Rapid Rewards Points Clarification

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

1. You will earn points for the purchase, 2 points per dollar spent on Southwest tickets.  As this is based on making the purchase it does not matter who is flying for these points, you will get all of them. 

2. If you are one of the people traveling and included your RR # in the purchase you will earn the points as stated with the fare when you complete the flights (1800 points).  You will only get points for your own flights.

3. If the other travelers do not have a RR account then those points "disappear" as you said, BUT they can sign up for a RR account, even after the trip is completed, and earn the points.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have additional questions.

girouxj
Explorer C

That helped me out very much! Thank you!!

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

@girouxj,

I'm so glad you got some great answers to your questions! Would you mind clicking the "Accept as Solution" button on whichever posts helped you the most? (You can select more than one if you like.) This will help other Community Members who may have the same question later on!

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Hello 

as @TheMiddleSeat said you will get all the points from the CC purchase and the points from your ticket but you will not get the points from the others flying so I would recommend getting the others a rapid rewards account so they get the points which can be racked up and they could use the points on a ticket for you later on or on themselves since you can use points to buy tickets for anyone you just can't get credit for the flight they took even if you paid for the other people's flight.

hope that helps

Blake