Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Rewards Points Taken By Southwest

Mil2018
Explorer C

I am writing to express my disappointment with Southwest. I have flown Southwest for personal and business for way over 20+ years. Yesterday I discovered that Southwest had taken away all of my rapid rewards points which I earned from flying. This is horrible and outrageous as flying is not as easy these days as it was when I first started and now you took away my one perk that I had without notification. Points should never be taken away unless the customer choose to cancel an account. Travel is hard enough and some of us look forward to the points that we have earned, thus giving us some leisure travel.

I see that loyalty means nothing to the airlines, which is disheartening. Please add my points back to my account (89,000 points

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Rapid Rewards Points Taken By Southwest

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

You need to have activity at least once every 24 monthsYou need to have activity at least once every 24 months

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Did you receive any notification from Southwest prior to them closing your account? They say they send an email. Sadly, despite advertising that "points don't expire," points do expire after 24 months without any point earning activity.

victorjunlu
Explorer C

Fine print again