Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Rewards Points

kcjude15
Explorer C

Can I get points for a hotel stay from last month?  I know I used my Rapid Rewards credit card for the purchase, but can't remember if I gave them my number.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Rapid Rewards Points

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

For the most part, to earn RR points for hotel stays, you need to book the hotel through southwesthotels.com using your RR #.  Keep in mind that most hotels will not honor elite benefits when booking through a third party site such as this.

Marriott is a noteable exception because you can earn RR as part of Mariott's reward program; more about that here.

With that said, no matter what, you will earn the credit card points for the stay since you paid for the hotel with your RR Chase card.  They would not have to have your RR number for those points to post!  

-A List, Companion Pass holder

dfwskier
Aviator A

Some hotel chains allow you a  choice of hotel points or airline points when you book a room.

Best Western does. So if you booked thru the Best Western website and are enrolled in it's frequent renter program you choose which you want to get.

You'll have to check your preferred hotel chain to see if it does. Wyndham used to, but no longer does. Points earned via chains are frequently higher than those youl'd earn directly from Southwest  hotels-- not counting those that give points in the thousands.

kcjude15
Explorer C

Thank you!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@kcjude15 wrote:

Can I get points for a hotel stay from last month?  I know I used my Rapid Rewards credit card for the purchase, but can't remember if I gave them my number.

In addition to the other posters' information, the change wouldn't generally be retroactive as the choice (where available) to make the stay earn Southwest RR points may affect the room price slightly - so the answer is probably "no" for a past stay, but "yes" for future stays if you confirm the intention to earn Southwest points in the future.

Flights are retroactive - these are under Southwest's direct control and the price doesn't change whether you had rapid rewards or not - they can go back and apply flight credits after the fact up to six months or a year. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.