Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Rewards family

beth4
Explorer C

Hi, Do you all know if I have to do 4 separate searches & logins for tickets when I want to get 4 RT tickets for RR family members? I have enough points for each family member for the trip to our destination but I have to use a CC for the 4 returning tickets. 

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Rapid Rewards family

KimVanderKley
Frequent Flyer C

Hi beth4

I have had the best experience  using one way tickets for each of us... yes it is a bunch of locator numbers but offers flexibility....i am not for sure you have to do it separate just has worked for our family and gives  the other member opportunity for travel responsibilities...the young things luv the app check in...something useful on their device.

good job on having the rr points. 

Have fun

@16fseataFFBK

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If all passengers have the exact same itinerary then you can purchase all flights, including multiple legs of a trip, in one transaction. When checking out you have the opportunity to input the name and Rapid Rewards account number for each passenger.

BUT, as @KimVanderKley has stated, purchasing each passenger's flights individually and as one way flights provides the most flexibility, offering you the ability to change an individual person's itinerary, cancel an individual flight, and rebook flights to get credit for price drops, all without having to call Southwest. It can be a pain to check-in everyone though as each person has to be checked in separately. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Oh, I should clarify, you can't mix using points and credit card in one transaction. You can book all the points flights, then book all the credit card flights. 

beth4
Explorer C

Thank you ! that is all very helpful!