Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid rewards A List question

Geenettie
Explorer C

I am SO close to getting A List. After a trip I took in November the little account icon said that I have two more trips to A List. Now when I log in it says 4 more flights! So disappointed.  Why did this happen? I have two more short trips scheduled in the next two weeks. Am I going to make it?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Rapid rewards A List question

MDW-A-Lister
Explorer B

There are two ways to get A-List status on SW. First, is number of flights, which are one way flights, not roundtrip flights so you may have mis-read how many flights you actually needed to get to your A-List status. Second, is by points, which you get with flights depending on the amount spent per ticket. 

To determine what you need to get A-List you can see under "My Account" when you log-in to Southwest.com.

Hope this helped and good luck getting A-List!

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Two more trips essentially = four more flights as each round trip = two flights. 

It it is important to you, you might consider a mileage run. For amexample, I recently booked a day trip from BNA to ATL and back for $100 yet to get the flights for status. I ended up booking a work trip, so I won't need it. 

I add my wish of good luck as well!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Libra_14
Explorer C

I am also close to 25 flights now. Most probably my 25th flight will be around Christmas.

Question : Does this A-list I am going to get is for this year only or for next year (similar to Companion pass) ?

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

A List is good for the remainder of the year in which you earn it plus the entire next year.  So if you qualify in 2019, then you status is effective upon qualification through the end of 2020.

Per SW's site: "Rapid Rewards® A-List and A-List Preferred qualification is based on the calendar year. Once reached, you will begin enjoying the benefits immediately. You will maintain your A-List or A-List Preferred status for the remainder of the calendar year and the entire calendar year immediately following the year in which you qualified. Southwest® may from time to time offer promotional tier status. If you received tier status due to a promotional offer, the length of your tier may not be until the end of a calendar year. Please refer to the specific promotion for the tier length."

-A List, Companion Pass holder