Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Revenue Flight

Explorer C

What qualifies as a "revenue flight"? I'm trying to make sure I can reach A-list this year, and I've figured out that flights I purchase with points don't count. How about purchasing a flight with a LUV voucher?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Revenue Flight

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi

Not sure if this answers your question but,

The following will not count toward qualification for A-List status: Rapid Rewards reward flights; Rapid Rewards Companion Pass travel; Rapid Rewards Partner points except for Tier Qualifying Points earned on the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Cards from Chase (as per the rules described below); bonus Rapid Rewards Points, unless specifically designated as such; nonrevenue travel, unless specifically designated as eligible; stops at intermediate cities on connecting or through flights; and charter flights. Tier Qualifying Points are not redeemable for travel on Southwest Airlines or through the "More Rewards" site.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Yes, you can purchase a flight with a LUV Voucher and it will count toward your A-List status. 

Thanks for posting your question in the Southwest Airlines Community! 

meg421
Explorer C

For a promotion, I need to be clear about what a revenue flight is... I have travel funds from a flight I cancelled a few months ago, and need to book a new flight.  if i use these funds from the cancelled flight for my new flight, will that qualify for the promotion as a "revenue" trip, or will i need to use a credit card for this flight, to qualify, and use the travel funds at a later date? 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Flights booked using travel funds (and vouchers) do count as "revenue" flights.

Points bookings, companion pass travel by the companion, and things like buddy passes -- basically anything that doesn't earn points -- do not