Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rewards For Opinions Account Suspended

flyguy07
Explorer C

Has anyone else had their Rewards For Opinions account suspended?  I stopped receiving emails with survey offerings for a couple of days, so I reached out to them.  Come to find out, my account was "indefinitely suspended" because of their subjective review process.  I've always answered the surveys honestly.  Is there a way to dispute this?  The fact that they used the word "indefinitely" to me implies that there's potentially a way to have the suspension lifted.  Otherwise, why not use the word permanently?  I've written them back to try to get more clarification, but any shared experiences/advice on how to resolve this would be helpful.  

Pondering legal action in the form of small claims court, but giving them a chance to respond before proceeding down that path.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Rewards For Opinions Account Suspended

dfwskier
Aviator A

@flyguy07 wrote:

Has anyone else had their Rewards For Opinions account suspended?   

Pondering legal action in the form of small claims court, but giving them a chance to respond before proceeding down that path.

I personally never thought the program was worth the effort.

Small claims court??? To have a court case, you had to have incurred damages. What were they?

flyguy07
Explorer C

How many points did you earn when you used the program?  I’ve earned a little over 50,000 so far in 2019 with not much effort, other than some trial and error to figure out how to earn that much.  I would assume the majority of their members aren’t earning that in a 6 1/2 month period. 

I would be going to court on the idea that I was removed from the program because I was so successful, and because I’m sure they were annoyed with the weekly messages they would get from me.  If I finished a survey and it didn’t get marked as complete, I would bug them until they marked it complete.  This would happen at least once a week, and a lot of the time more than once a week, which is why I would guess they were annoyed.

Is that a great argument?  No.  Would they actually bother showing up to small claims court though?  I doubt that is worth their time.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry, but you have no case. When you signed up for the program, you agreed to the terms and conditions which included the following words:

"We reserve the right to terminate your account at any time, immediately without specifying a reason."

https://www.rewardsforopinions.com/terms#/#termination

flyguy07
Explorer C

Haha do you work for them?  That response felt very official.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@flyguy07 wrote:

Haha do you work for them?  That response felt very official.

Give me a break.

I did what you should have done: figure out what you agreed to. I provided a link. Why don't you take a few minutes to read it.

flyguy07
Explorer C

I’ve read it previously.  But it’s a survey company, not Google, so was looking for others with similar experiences before resulting to Plan B and C.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I suspect that, if you were able to earn that many points then your responses weren't actually factual, but you learned how to game their system to your advantage. If that's true, I'm not surprised that they cancelled your account.

And I agree that you have no basis for any legal claim. Even suggesting so is ludicrous.

flyguy07
Explorer C

Or the surveys are just repetitive that they send me.  I mean I have cable and other television programming, I go to movies, have a cell phone, have a 401k and brokerage account, I buy things in store and online, I travel for work and for pleasure more than the average person.  That’s at least 3/4 of the survey topics I would get.  Can’t help that I have variety in my life in all of those areas.  Instead of wasting my time with game apps and excessive social media, I would take surveys.  I wouldn’t call what I learned “gaming,” but learning how many surveys you can take each day is just an observation.  Doesn’t seem unreasonable to know that information.  

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@chgoflyer wrote:

I suspect that, if you were able to earn that many points then your responses weren't actually factual, but you learned how to game their system to your advantage. If that's true, I'm not surprised that they cancelled your account.

And I agree that you have no basis for any legal claim. Even suggesting so is ludicrous.

I do expect them to have corporate counsel though while it may not be technically “worth their time” on an hourly basis in larger terms it will be worth their time to set a precedent and they will show up, if it got that far.

On the converse I’m surprised you think it is worth your time to pursue.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.