Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rewards for Opinions Program a Huge Waste of Time

Beachflier1
Explorer A

Hi all-

Some of you, like me, may have received an email inviting you to participate in surveys in exchange for points. Don't bother. It's a huge time-suck.

After answering a series of screening questions, I was informed I don't qualify for the survey, so I was directed to yet another survey with another set of screening questions, and yes, you guessed it. I didn't qualify.  After going in circles a few times, I emailed their membership support department and asked to cancel the Rewards for Opinions account.

Huge failure on SWA's part. This program is a huge waste of time, and does nothing more than encourage members to sign up for worthless surveys with such narrow qualification parameters that very few people qualify to take the survey and earn those precious RR points.

Don't waste your time with this promo. Send it straight to your "trash" folder.

39 REPLIES 39

Re: Rewards for Opinions Program a Huge Waste of Time

dfwskier
Aviator A

Thanks for the heads up.

Your comment confirms what I was thinking when I send my invitation to my trash folder.

Lmkel68
Adventurer C

I have earned over 2500 points so far.  They just transfer in the order of the survey.  The other rewards toy get as soon as you redeem them.  I hope that helps. I have already booked a couple of flights using RR points. That needs to roll over to hotels and booking cars all on the same site.

Mikedg111
Explorer C

I like the idea of the rewards for opinions. I am able to top off my points instead of buying some. You just have to know how to use it 

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Beachflier1 I had some time to kill at the airport last night and played around with the surveys. After I got the same messages as you, I gave up and laughed it off. Minutes later I received an email that I earned 500 miles for my participation, and will be posted to my account within in 2-6 weeks. So time will tell...

I will keep you posted. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

Beachflier1
Explorer A

Yes...I got the same thing. We get 500 points for signing up for the program, but that's probably as far as it will go for nearly everyone.  Keep us posted!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Beachflier1 wrote:

Yes...I got the same thing. We get 500 points for signing up for the program, but that's probably as far as it will go for nearly everyone.  Keep us posted!

I also had similar results being outside the requested demographic. 

Thats fine, it just seems like he initial survey could be a little more thorough to make better matches.

There must be some demographic out there that is a hit for the surveys but it isn’t me, I stopped trying,

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Beachflier1 currently, I have had 712 reward points posted to my account from the surveys. The surveys are very time consuming, but if you have time to kill...

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

NewMexes
Explorer C

I started with the program about a year ago and qualified for a lot of the survey's full points. I would do the surveys while waiting in a line or in a waiting room with time to kill. In the last few months I don't qualify for the full points on many surveys at all. This is after answering questions for 5 minutes before I'm deemed unworthy. Then I get a whopping 3 points. I've deleted it now. 

Lmkel68
Adventurer C

What's going on with the program?  I have quite a few points that i need to be transferred.  It seems that there is nobody to give us answerd.