Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rewards travel information is incorrect - Unable to book

jkayser486
Explorer C

I am trying to find someone that can fix this issue.

I would like to book a family suite for a stay in January at Barcelo Bavaro Palace in Punta Cana, DR using Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards points. However, the information on the booking website seems to be incorrect. Rewards booking page.png

1.  It lists the family rooms as having 2 double and 1 twin. I believe this should be 2 doubles and 1 king based on the room types from the hotel website.
  2. The non-refundable cost is 50% higher than the refundable costs. Seemingly another mistake.

My hope is that the 94,311 points per night room is actually a family suite and that the bed makeup is as listed on the Bavaro website. Regardless, there is clearly some mistakes here that should be remedied.

I have tried contacting the reward center to correct the mistake multiple times at 1-888-6584826 to no avail. I was told to contact the hotel. When I asked what I would say she didn't have an answer for me.

Please advise.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Rewards travel information is incorrect - Unable to book

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I would definitely call the resort and have them explain the room types. They may be able to correct the booking information by requesting from the website manager if it isn't up to date.

Maybe also look using a different rewards website to cross-check the information there for similar value and room types.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.