Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Self referral possible to my business?

LCS1959
Explorer C

Hi wondering if I can get the referral bonus for referring from my personal SW Chase card to my business (for a Business Chase SW card). Called Chase they told me no but I don't think they understood my question. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Self referral possible to my business?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

They didn't understand or you didn't like the answer? I suspect it is bending, if not breaking the rules. You may even be the lucky recipient of one of these letters. 

qOxifPV_d.jpg

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Self referral possible to my business?

LCS1959
Explorer C

I suspected as much, thank you. I was suspicous of their knowledge because I asked first about referral bonus points in general for referring a friend (from personal card to business card) and they answered that I cannot get bonus points for referring a friend from a personal card to a business card, they said it must be from one personal card to the same personal card. I advised this might have been the case in the past but I believe this changed that any card for which a friend applies qualifies, and they put me on hold to check their resources and confirmed that it has to be the same card to the same card referral for a friend to count (which is simply not true, I checked again after the call on Chase's refer a friend page). Only then did I ask for further clarification about referring to my business and they said no like I said in my original post; but everything after their fully incorrect "same card to same card" response I did not trust so I wanted to run it by this community to be certain.