Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Six months later and I'm still sad!

deenastuart
Explorer C

This past January I received two emails, one re Companion Pass and one re Plus, which made me so thankful to continue the "love!" Then, the very next day, I received the correction.  Apparently, I was close, but not close enough!  I had phoned them two weeks prior to the end of the year to see if I had enough points - I could have easily flown one more flight - and was assured I would make it.  Not so!  

Here's the "We're Sorry" for the Companion Pass.   -Dear Deena,

Today you received an email that incorrectly stated you had earned Companion Pass for 2017. This email was sent as a result of an error in our year end processing for Companion Pass status. Unfortunately you did not earn the status reflected. We recognize that receiving this email from us may have caused confusion and/or frustration, due to its inaccuracy regarding your 2017 status. For that, we offer our sincere apologies.

We admit this isn't the best way to start the New Year. That said, we appreciate your understanding when we make a human error like this one.

Sincerely,
Your friends at Southwest

-------------------

I received a similar one for A-Plus.  Anyone else get this?  So, I am trying to get there again, but with only 25% bonus, it's really hard.  Once you have it, try not to lose the 100% bonus.  Makes all the difference for the next year.

Needless to say, I still am a loyal fan, but next time, at the end of the year, I will NOT take their word for it.  Still sad.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Six months later and I'm still sad!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Personally I didn't understand the big fuss about these emails. They were clearly sent in error to a lot of people, many of which were nowhere near close to qualifying. Yeah it sucks to get excited then be let down, but mistakes happen and besides saying sorry I don't know what people expected to be done. Giving CP to everyone just because of an email error would be insane. 

When you inquired two weeks before end of year, how close were you? Are you aware you can track your CP qualifying points in your account online? 

Re: Six months later and I'm still sad!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I agree that the emails are an unfortunate error, but the bigger issue seems to be that you seemed to be on track to earn the awards but then it didn't convert in the end, we'd probably need more detail to help on that front in terms of what you had planned to do and what actually happened.

I'm not sure what the issue was, although it seems like a common one is spending on the Rapid Rewards Visa which is accrued at the statement closing, not as spending takes place. Hopefully that wasn't what got you.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.