Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Advertises Bonus RR Points for Stay in Boston 10/11 It will not take my RR Account number

Bargesurfer
Explorer C

I try to book a hotel room in Boston on 10/11-10/12 and as the hotels load, there are 3-4 that offer bonus points. I try to select the room and put in the payment information and my RR account number and it says the following:

"There was an error adding your reward account. Please try again. If you reach this error again, please contact us."

I try again and then I call 5 times and nobody can tellme how to get the 5,000 points for staying at the Boston Marriot Copley Place. It is Southwest site and Southwest Rapid Rewards. How do I get the bonus RR points?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Southwest Advertises Bonus RR Points for Stay in Boston 10/11 It will not take my RR Account num

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Hello.

My guess is that if you log on to your Southwest account and then try to book your hotel room, everything wiill work. When you do that, Southwest automatically inputs your RR number.

It sounds like the problem happens to you when you manually input the RR number.

Re: Southwest Advertises Bonus RR Points for Stay in Boston 10/11 It will not take my RR Account num

StAugustine
Frequent Flyer C

I had a similar problem with a car rental. Turned out I was logged out. Signed back in and everything was OK.

Bargesurfer
Explorer C

I was logged into my account. I believe it was a firewall issue from my company workstation. I signed on via my phone and made the reservation with no problem and got the additional bonus points or will after completion of my stay on Thursday evening.

Thanks!