Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Southwest Chase credit card questions

KLOE
Explorer C

I signed up for the SW credit card after reading the points guy article that said people in California will earn the compannion pass provided they have not opend a SW credit card previously and reside in California.   My frined sent me the article, I read it but then wanted to reaserch the card more to understand the beneifts of the card. I applied for the card only to find out that I applied via the worng link and did not qualify for the companion pass offer.  The articles and web site made it very clear that if you live in california and havent had a SW card previously you will get the credit card.  I however wanted to do some more reserach and do not believe the webpage made it clear that you must apply solely through that link.

I understand if for example I sign up for a card that has a 30k offer while a secret webpage exists that has a 60k offer - that i understand becasue at the very least I can explicitly read and understand that the card i am signing up for has a 30k intro offer.  But in this case the rules said everyone in claifornia....will get a SW companion pass after making one purchase.  I am just hoping SW will help me out and honor the compannion pass. 

BrieStrickland
Frequent Flyer C

To qualify for the California Companion Pass Credit Card offer, the you must apply through a valid offer link. Unfortunately, that is the only way to get the exclusive offer. 

Brie 

Southwest Community Moderator 

Jojohnson726
Explorer C

My spouses primary card holder rapid reward points were credited to my account and not his. How do we get them credited to the correct card member?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Jojohnson726 wrote:

My spouses primary card holder rapid reward points were credited to my account and not his. How do we get them credited to the correct card member?

You'll need to contact Chase to make sure they have the correct Rapid Rewards account number attached to the credit card account.

traildancer
Explorer C

One drawback:  don't expect to sign up for the card and book flights immediately.  You do not get the card number, it does not automatically get assigned to your account.  You have to wait until the card arrives in the mail.  Many complaints about this have been posted.