Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Customer is no longer a quality airline

Apalutexas
Explorer C

Southwest has been going down hill for sometime now.   They used to be the best airline in the business.  When Herb retired it started to change.   They are no langer the cheapest, They are late on a very high percentage of time, and now their starting to cut away at their rewards program.   

I have been Flying southwest since the mid 80's.  I have been a loyal customer and A-list preferred for over 10 years.  I fly a lot with them and spend a lot of money with them.   

Last year my wife was 5,000 miles short of the 100k miles of renewing her companion pass.  To achieve her goal, in December she purchased $5,000 on her Southwest credit card which qualified her for the card. However, to prevent her from getting her companion pass they were slow to registering her points in december so she didn't get her companion pass. 

We have tried to work with the rewards program to get a resolution and they wont do anything.  When Herb was alive this would have never happened!  

I am so frustrated with SWA that I am the point that I will have to reconsider ever flying them again.     

1 REPLY 1

Re: Southwest Customer is no longer a quality airline

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

@Apalutexas wrote:

Last year my wife was 5,000 miles short of the 100k miles of renewing her companion pass.  To achieve her goal, in December she purchased $5,000 on her Southwest credit card which qualified her for the card. However, to prevent her from getting her companion pass they were slow to registering her points in december so she didn't get her companion pass. 

Let me guess...you made purchases in December, your statement closed in January, and the points posted in January? If that's the case, it's been noted many times here in the Community and is documented in your card terms that points post shortly after the statement closes, NOT when you make the purchase. Even a statement closing date of late December is unlikely to result in points posting in December. 

Even if this isn't your situation, complaints about points earned from a Southwest credit card should be directed to Chase who issues and manages the card. Southwest has no involvement in regards to when points earned from credit card spending are posted to your RR account.

Lastly, earning Companion Pass requires earning 110k points in a calendar year, if you were really at 95k as you stated (5k short of 100k) then you really needed 15k points.

--TheMiddleSeat