Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Hotels Points Plus properties? Gone?

mh9371b2000
Explorer C

I used to make a killing when I booked hotels using the Southwest Points Plus Properties.  Sometimes I'd stay two nights somewhere and get 20,000 bonus points.   These seem to have disappeared in 2020.  Anyone else seeing the same thing?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Southwest Hotels Points Plus properties? Gone?

bec102896
Aviator A

I see there is a promotion going on for double points or up to 10,000 points through March 2nd. I did see some points plus hotels available when I searched hotels in Austin although not as many as I've seen before. I would keep checking as the deals change from day to day and you might find some nice points earning hotels later on. 

-Blake 

mh9371b2000
Explorer C

I do see the 2x points promotion, however zero points plus properties for ANY search that I do.   If you're seeing points plus properties, I'd love to know what dates/locations they are.

bec102896
Aviator A

I searched Austin TX March 1st-2nd and it showed me a points plus property as one of the first results. 

-Blake 

mh9371b2000
Explorer C

Interesting.  I just checked those Austin dates and see no points plus properties.   

bec102896
Aviator A

EAF9BD4A-BC66-42A3-81DD-170050F1595D.png

Here is one result I found in Austin just now for March 1st

-Blake 

mh9371b2000
Explorer C

Thanks for the screen shot, Blake!   I wonder if there's a particular reason I don't see any?  Very odd to say the least.  

jksobonya
Aviator A
Solution

This kind of thing changes constantly. Some days you will get just 1 point = $1 spent (so a $199 stay would give you 199 points - not too great), other days they will give you a "double" point promotion (so 398 points) and other times they will give you thousands of points for your stay. That is when you book 😁

Currently I have a hotel reservation booked where I will get 6,000 points for my stay. I am seriously considering changing it, as my preferred hotel is now offering 10,000 points, and others a little further away are offering 8,000 with a "spend a little more" to get even more points, up to 16,000! Really, really tempted ... 

--Jessica