Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Loves Alcohol Drinkers More Than Non-Drinkers!

IMRAN
Explorer C

I have never smoked, drank alcohol or tried drugs. I love that there is no smoking on airline flights, and no drugs use too. But obviousy drinking is OK despite cases of disruptive drunk passengers on all airlines. When was the last time a passenger got drunk on a premium non-alcoholic drink? Never.

I do not mind if others choose to drink including in-flight. But how irritating and non-drinking customer unfriendly of Southwest to have NO non-alcoholic 'premium' drinks to get in exchange for the drinks coupons we get.

They used to at least have Vitamin Water as an only non-alcoholic option. But now, if you do not drink, and want to use the coupons you have, Southwest would apparently want you to take up drinking. Or to give the coupons to other people to get drunk on. 

What do you all think of this weird step backwards Southwest took by removing rather than adding non-alcoholic drink options to use our drinks coupons on?

Fly safe.

IMRAN

1 REPLY 1

Re: Southwest Loves Alcohol Drinkers More Than Non-Drinkers!

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @IMRAN

It wasn’t our intent to upset you by sending Drink Coupons. You can opt out of receiving them in your Rapid Rewards Account, if you would like. We know there are Customers who would like to see non-alcoholic premium beverages on the menu, and we are happy to take the feedback into consideration.