Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Partner Harry and David preventing Companion Status?

halldad
Explorer C

Southwest Harry and David.PNGIn December, I was 5,000 points away from Companion Status, called Southwest support, whom instructed me that only Harry and David was a Partner that would provide 1,000 per order, as long as I used the special code SW44.  Only stipulation is that I had to spend $29.99, and could not count tax or shipping, and no items that were on sale.

Unfortunately I'm told that Southwest does not control what the Partners do, and is at their mercy to issue points back to Southwest.

Harry and David has deemed my purchased unqualified because of an offer they made during their checkout process, and I accepted.  This offer, called "Celebration Passport" is a separate purchase that provides free shipping of their products for a year.  During checkout they display their "Summary Terms" which mentioned nothing about disqualifying points. 

SUMMARY TERMS

✝Prices and discounts are exclusive of applicable service and shipping charges and taxes. Items may vary and are subject to availability and delivery rules and times. Offer available online and by telephone only. Offers cannot be combined, are not available on all products and are subject to restrictions and limitations. Offer valid through 11:59 PM EDT on 4/14/19. Prices and charges are subject to change without notice. Void where prohibited. Celebrations Passport® members sign in to your account to redeem offer.

*Prices and discounts are exclusive of applicable taxes. Free Service charge applicable on florist fulfilled gifts delivered within the United States. Items may vary and are subject to availability, delivery rules and times. Celebrations Passport® members must sign into their account and order at least two business days before delivery for Free Service charge. Free Shipping charge applicable on standard weekday delivery for select gifts delivered via direct shipping by common carrier (FedEx, UPS, etc.) within the continental United States only. Expedited Delivery options may be available for a surcharge. Offers available online and some orders available by phone. Celebration Passport® is not available on Stock Yards® products. Offers are not available on all products and are subject to restrictions and limitations. Prices and charges are subject to change without notice. Void where prohibited. For a complete description of the Celebrations Passport® program Terms and Conditions click here.

**Same-day delivery is available on Florist Fulfilled items for a reduced service charge.

Buried in their terms and conditions, which is not displayed in their "Summary Terms" is that the points do not qualify.  They are hanging their hat on section 9...

1. Certain products, services and promotions are excluded from, and may not be utilized with, the Passport Program, including but not limited to: (i) certain perishable and other products requiring expedited delivery, (ii) certain products requiring delivery from specified or remote origination points, (iii) products and services purchased on or through non-specified affiliate websites, including but not limited to, airlines, car rental, associations, and other memberships organizations are not eligible, (iv) certain promotional, award, coupon, clearance and discount offers, including but not limited to, those offered by non-specified affiliate or marketing partners, and (v) products and services that are not offered on the 1-800-Flowers.com and Affiliate Websites.

So, I'm looking for clarification on this because if Southwest sent me to this company as their partner, and it states on their website that SW44 gets me the points, is it really true that the "Partner" can actually trump the promo code?  I thought Southwest was in charge of honoring points when promised, but it appears the partner is in control and so far Southwest is saying their hands are tied.

I'm very confused here and would like clarification.

Southwest Harry and David.PNG

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Southwest Partner Harry and David preventing Companion Status?

basslaw2010
Frequent Flyer B
Solution

If you are attempting to earn points through third-party, i.e., not from SWA directly, that third-party controls when/if/how many/etc. points get deposited into your Rapid Rewards Account.  If there is an issue, you need to reach out to the third-party, not SWA.  Unfortunately, if that is Harry and David's terms, then it sounds like you do not qualify for the points. 

halldad
Explorer C

Unfortunately, SWA provides on their website that points are earned for Companion and lists the rules that need followed.  Following those rules still did not earn points.  I've dealt directly with Harry and David and SWA, and nobody wants to take ownership.  So in the end, SWA lost a client.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@halldad wrote:

Unfortunately, SWA provides on their website that points are earned for Companion and lists the rules that need followed.  Following those rules still did not earn points.  I've dealt directly with Harry and David and SWA, and nobody wants to take ownership.  So in the end, SWA lost a client.

On your final receipt did the SWA 44 code go away when you accepted their other offer?

That's not cool for the partner to do something like that to negate the points, but agree with the others that aside from letting Soutwhest know the implications of their partnership, the resolution will be from Harry and David.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

halldad
Explorer C

The code did not go away, and it was not an offer by the partner, it was an additional item you can purchase that allows for free shipping for one year.  So I paid extra for this option.  Which still makes no sense since one of the requirements was to spend $29.99 per order, which does not include shipping or tax.  Harry and david then said that because they did not receive shipping, they could not release points.  I think I paid around $50 for free shipping for a year.  So this makes no sense to me.  And the fact that SWA wants me to deal with their partnership is even more ridiculous.

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Unfortunately, the points are awarded (or not) by the partner -- not Southwest. Your argument which I believe is a legitimate one) is with Harry & David. Sorry.