Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Suggested email address

tvanbourg
Explorer C

When I book a flight, and want to email someone the itinerary, it suggests and email address that is no longer valid.  It never suggests the email address I have used for the last 10 years.  How do I clear the invalid address?  I've cleared cookies, cache and used different browsers.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Suggested email address

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution

Have you double checked the email address on file in your Southwest profile?  Here is the click path for browsing on a computer:

My Account > Personal (under the "My Preferences" section) > Notify > Edit

Customer | Home airport DCA

tvanbourg
Explorer C

The only email address in the profile is my address which is correct.  The suggestion comes when I try to send my intinerary to my wife.  It is the old address for her, even though I've used the new one many times.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@tvanbourg wrote:

The only email address in the profile is my address which is correct.  The suggestion comes when I try to send my intinerary to my wife.  It is the old address for her, even though I've used the new one many times.

Many browsers will "autofill" things like e-mail addresses, usernames, etc. Perhaps you should check that. - try a different computer to see if it happens.

tvanbourg
Explorer C

I've cleared the browser cookies and cache.  Tried different browsers.  Same thing.  Been this way through 4 different laptops.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

When you log into her Rapid Rewards account, is the email address correct?  I wonder if even though you have changed it many times in the booking process if it is somehow carrying over from her RR account?

-A List, Companion Pass holder

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Check for the old email address here:

My Account

Scroll down to My Preferences

Click communication 

Click Alerts on the right side 

Click My frequent contacts

--TheMiddleSeat