Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Suggestion to improve MyTrips display on website

NoCalTim
Explorer C

This is a suggestion I'd like Southwest to consider for the website. 

The Issue:  I book enough trips on Southwest (for myself and family members) that I can't always remember if I remembered to book for a specific trip.  (Example:  Did I remember to book my son's flights to come home for Christmas break from college?)  So, of course, I log into my Southwest account and immediately look at the "MyTrips" section to see upcoming trips. So far, so good.   But, the problem/issue that I have is that the MyTrips only shows the outbound flight dates/times for a given trip; it does not indicate that there is a return trip that is ALSO on the reservation.  This can be mildly confusing as it leads me to think that I forgot (or elected not to) purchase the return trip, which I sometimes do.  Of course, I immediately click on the specific reservation and it confirms that there is a return or additional segments booked, so technically there is no problem here.  However...

Request:  I would like to see the MyTrips display changed to indicate that a given outbound trip (date and time) is actually part of a multiple segment trip (i.e., one or more additional flight segments are also booked on the given reservation).  I'm attaching a template for what this might look like.  Please give it consideration.Southwest MyTrips.JPG

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Suggestion to improve MyTrips display on website

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Hey there,

Great idea, and thanks for posting it here!

In order to ensure the airline hears and reviews your feedback and request, be sure to also email/share/report it via: https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/index.html.

Hope this helps!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Interesting idea. I've actually experienced that same fear in the past, but now for this reason and several others frequently mentioned here, I book all trips as one-ways. It takes a little more time to book the reservation, but does help out for this specific issue. You used to be able to name the trip whatever you wanted which allowed you to indicate a return flight was included, but that appears to no longer be an option. 

--TheMiddleSeat

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

Great suggestion, @NoCalTim! As a peer-to-peer support forum, we aren't equipped to assist you here. We encourage you to follow the steps below to reach out.

Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint

Nicole
Community Manager

Dave37
Explorer C

Just fix the display.  Cannot see anything using Chrome browser.  Been broken over a week

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Dave37 can you be more specific about the problem you are experiencing? As Chrome is my only browser I can say the problem of not being able to see anything is not a universal one.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

@Dave37 can you be more specific about the problem you are experiencing? As Chrome is my only browser I can say the problem of not being able to see anything is not a universal one.

--TheMiddleSeat

ditto...

I use a Chrome browser all the time --- never had a problem.

Dave37
Explorer C

I would just like IT to get their act together and fix the web site

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Dave37 maybe you should provide more details about your problem as I suggested before.

--TheMiddleSeat