Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Take care of the companion pass customers

compassuser
Explorer C

When did they go up to 125,000 points for companion pass?  Never even got a notice.

Second time they have increased the requirement since I've I applied for the card.

Obviously very bad timing and Southwest, you really need to take a close look for you are about to loose a lot of good customers. Southwest flights used to be cheap but almost across the board are more expensive than most of the other carriers. The companion pass and rapid rewards was my primary reason for continuing to use SW.  But 125K Points to qualify?  

my capital one card is looking a lot more attratcive, 2 points for every $1 purchase

I Implore you to reconsider the move to $125,000 and to do something to embrace your long term companion pass holders

1 REPLY 1

Re: Take care of the companion pass customers

dfwskier
Aviator A

@compassuser wrote:

When did they go up to 125,000 points for companion pass?  Never even got a notice.

Second time they have increased the requirement since I've I applied for the card.

Obviously very bad timing and Southwest, you really need to take a close look for you are about to loose a lot of good customers. Southwest flights used to be cheap but almost across the board are more expensive than most of the other carriers. The companion pass and rapid rewards was my primary reason for continuing to use SW.  But 125K Points to qualify?  

my capital one card is looking a lot more attratcive, 2 points for every $1 purchase

I Implore you to reconsider the move to $125,000 and to do something to embrace your long term companion pass holders

Have you been living under a rock?

There was plenty of communication about the new 125,000 point requirement. Why don't you search the forum for the topic. You'll find plenty of posts from December and January.

As far as ticket costs go, every airline is offering cheap fares at the moment - courtesy the virus.. Southwest's are competitive with all but the "deep discount - no frills, no refund possible" offerings of other airlines. Feel free to take one of those - if you dare.

edit add:

example

dallas/chicago flights

Southwest lowest fare $45

United lowest fare $29 (non changeable/non refundable)

United lowest economy fare $65 (comparable to SW as it is changeable))