Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Tier Qualifying Flight Question

silverhawk422
Explorer C

My 25th flight in 2017 was on 12/22/17, but since my return trip was on 1/1/18, my reward never showed that I achieved my 25th flight. I'm just wondering if I would be an A-List member after the reward maintenance or will I begin with 2 qualifying flights for 2018? I just don't want all my hard work to go to waste since I did fly 25 times on Southwest in 2017.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Tier Qualifying Flight Question

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I think the earlier leg will apply to 2017 for you, but let us know how things turn out.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

good question, @silverhawk422, but I somewhat doubt it.  The RR Program rules say "To qualify for A-List status, you will need to fly 25 Southwest Airlines one-way qualifying flights ...." so they may not count an outbound leg of a round trip.  if it does not post, I would suggest printing out the receipt and your account information and mailing in a letter to the Rapid Rewards group with a request.

I buy a lot of one-way tickets because I find they are easier to change and no difference in price, so if you are traveling at the end of next year, you might want to buy two one way tickets to avoid the problem.

I hope it works out for you, and I might see you soon between position A16 and A60 in the poles.

silverhawk422
Explorer C
Solution

@DancingDavidE @CareforNOLA I called customer support over the weekend and they counted up my flights in 2017, and confirmed that I did fly 25 times and gave me a number to call (their customer relations dept) so they can take care of me. I was going to call them up today but thought that I should check my status one last time, and alas! I'm an A-List member! So I guess after the maintenance they did count my 25th flight in 2017 and now I have 1 flight in 2018 (for my 1/1 flight). I'm glad I don't have to through the hassles! Thanks for the replies!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I was confident - the A-list terms are pretty clear stating "take flight segments during a year" as opposed to companion pass points which clearly state "when points post" so I was pretty sure you would get it, if retroactively.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.