Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Tier Qualifying Points over a New Year's Flight

jdotchin
Explorer C

Hi, I am very close to getting my A-List again for 2019 based upon Tier Qualifying Points not flights. 

I have a flight out of the country that bookends over the New Year.  (December 28-January 2)  Will my points for the outbound (2018) leg count twords my 2018 Tier Qualifying Points or will they credit on my 2019 Tier Qualifying Points after the Return leg and the entire trip is complete?  

Thanks,

JD

1 REPLY 1

Re: Tier Qualifying Points over a New Year's Flight

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jdotchin wrote:

Hi, I am very close to getting my A-List again for 2019 based upon Tier Qualifying Points not flights. 

I have a flight out of the country that bookends over the New Year.  (December 28-January 2)  Will my points for the outbound (2018) leg count twords my 2018 Tier Qualifying Points or will they credit on my 2019 Tier Qualifying Points after the Return leg and the entire trip is complete?  

If you booked as a round-trip the points will all post at the end of the trip.

For one-way bookings, each flight processes independently...hopefully this might still be an option for you to change if the one leg will be what you need to qualify if you aren't already booked on one-way tickets.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.