Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Tier Qualifying points

kromer3
Explorer C

I will be about 2050 points short of making A-list for 2017. I am not able to travel any more during the month of December. I have already accounted for the 1500 points I will receive in December from my RR Chase Southwest Visa. Is there any other way to earn these points? Fingers crossed that there is something else I can purchase, maybe from a partner vendor - I'm so close! Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Tier Qualifying points

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Hi 

I don't think so... Not with out taking a flight. 

Rapid Rewards A-List and A-List Preferred Status

A Member who flies 25 qualifying one-way flight segments booked through Southwest Airlines or earns 35,000 Tier Qualifying Points per calendar year will qualify for A-List status. 

Kimbo
Explorer C

I am about the same amount short. I know a few people who have told me that they end of taking a short flight near this time of year just to get qualified. Literally like an hour flight to Vegas, then hop on a return flight home. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

MDW to MSP is also an easy one, I did this in December. Pick a nice airport where you can have lunch and free wifi.

At MSP you can also take the light rail to Mall of America for some shopping without state taxes and get back to the airport pretty easy.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.