Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel Funds

bjm2308
Explorer C

I've tried using my travel funds that have not expired yet (09/2018). I put in my confirmation and name. The travel funds pop up with the price showing what I have avalable, but under travel funds applied it says $0. So I basically had no money taken off of the flight. Why is this?

There is a red exclmation point by my name and The message in red says "Maximum number of Travel Funds reached or Travel Fund not applicable."

Please help. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Travel Funds

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@bjm2308 wrote:

I've tried using my travel funds that have not expired yet (09/2018). I put in my confirmation and name. The travel funds pop up with the price showing what I have avalable, but under travel funds applied it says $0. So I basically had no money taken off of the flight. Why is this?

There is a red exclmation point by my name and The message in red says "Maximum number of Travel Funds reached or Travel Fund not applicable."

Please help. Thanks

Are you sure of that expiration date? Funds expire one year from the date of purchase. Did you just recently buy and then cancel the original flight?

Also, check that the passenger name is the same as the original traveler.

Good luck!

DrJoseph
Explorer C

HELP! 😉 My wife and I have a total of about $195 in travel funds.  I am currently trying to book a flight and apply these funds, but the system will not apply the entire amount.  It only applies a portion and shows the red error message: "Maximum Number of Travel Funds Reached or Travel Fund Not Applicable".  Anyone know how to fix this?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It's generally one of the standard issues.... You're trying to book travel (perhaps the return flight of trip) that is past the expiration date of the funds (one year from the date of original purchase) OR you're trying to apply funds associated with another passenger who is not traveling.

Have you tried booking each person's travel individually, booking one leg at a time? You can also look up details about the travel fund, including expiration date and value at https://www.southwest.com/flight/travel-funds-search.html

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Oh, and are you attempting to use one travel fund or multiple funds? There is a limit of three forms of payment per reservation