Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Turbo Tax Points

BAAndert
Explorer C

I got the emai for the promotion with Turbo Tax. I went rhrough the link given and my taxes are completed. 

I dont see the points reflecting on my account. Has anyone else had this problem? Do the points not go onto my account until the promotion ends?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Turbo Tax Points

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Hre is some info that was listed with the offer!

Please allow up to eight weeks from the date of your qualified federal tax filing for your Rapid Rewards account to be credited with 1,000 Rapid Rewards bonus points.

The 1,000 Rapid Rewards bonus points can only be earned by filing an online federal tax return (filing must be made between Wednesday, January 3, 2018, and Tuesday, April 17, 2018, after clicking through this offer on Rapid Rewards Shopping and logging in to be eligible (the “Bonus Period”). TurboTax Online Federal Products qualifying for 1,000 Rapid Rewards bonus points are the 2017 online version of TurboTax Free Edition, TurboTax Deluxe, TurboTax Premier, and TurboTax Self-Employed.

This Rapid Rewards bonus points offer may not be combined with any other product or offer from TurboTax, limit one (1) bonus redemption per Rapid Rewards account number. Eligible only after a tax year 2017 completed federal tax return is filed during the Bonus Period. Federal tax filings made using TurboTax CDs, TurboTax Freedom Edition, TurboTax Live, downloaded products, or in-app purchases are not eligible for the bonus offer. Please allow up to eight weeks from the date of your qualified federal tax filing for your Rapid Rewards account to be credited with 1,000 Rapid Rewards bonus points.

Questions regarding the crediting of Rapid Rewards points can be submitted here. Rapid Rewards bonus points will not count towards A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualifications.

All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply and can be found at Southwest.com/rrterms. Southwest® reserves the right to amend, suspend, or change the Rapid Rewards program and/or Rapid Rewards program rules at any time without notice. Rapid Rewards Members do not acquire property rights in accrued points. The number of Rapid Rewards points needed for any particular Southwest flight is set by Southwest and will vary depending on destination, time, day of travel, demand, point redemption rate, and other factors and is subject to change.

TheExitRow
Explorer C

I also completed my taxes through TurboTax and the Rapid Rewards portal. I received an email shortly after filing with the subject "Your order has been tracked through Rapid Rewards Shopping" and received the points within ~5 business days. 

You do not have to wait until the promotion to see the points in your account, but they also do not post instantly. 

Hope my experience was able to help answer your question!

AvKrayez
Explorer A

I received mine within a couple of business days after I filed. One thing that I have noticed over the last several months through various points earning opportunities outside of flight points is that the points are depositing a lot quicker than they used to.  Even flight points I’ve noticed appear the next day following completion of an itinerary where it used to take 2-3. 👍🏻👍🏻