Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Two weeks to count my points?

krafty81
Adventurer C

There is a note on the website which I confirmed with customer service. Although I got enough points last year to get to ALP again, the status will not show up for at least another week and I do not get the benefits until then. Although the helpful rep said to "send a note" if I fly prior to that, I am just curious why it takes so long for SWA to determine my 2019 status? They said it may be done by "mid January".

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Two weeks to count my points?

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Did you just very recently requalify? If your status showed before the end of the year, you should be fully be ALP even if the site doesn’t show correctly. I requalified last year with my last flight, and my status is correct. 

-A List, Companion Pass holder

bec102896
Aviator A

So last year I was a companion which made it harder for me to re qualify for A List Preferred for this year but I was still able to reach A List. my status was updated with my downgraded status already (so they completed my account in less than 3 days) I think they just over estimate that to cover themselves saying it could take this long just like with partners it could take x weeks to get points but they usually come faster. 

Blake 

krafty81
Adventurer C

Went over ALP requirements on 31 Dec. Still does not show updated status.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@krafty81 wrote:

There is a note on the website which I confirmed with customer service. Although I got enough points last year to get to ALP again, the status will not show up for at least another week and I do not get the benefits until then. Although the helpful rep said to "send a note" if I fly prior to that, I am just curious why it takes so long for SWA to determine my 2019 status? They said it may be done by "mid January".

There is a lot of processing of late in the year flights and completion of trips that span the new year. Hopefully yours doesn't take quite that long.

I think the Companion Pass review is part of the longer process since there are more variables - the A-list and ALP qualifications are relatively straightforward.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

krafty81
Adventurer C

I left a customer feedback request on the website. I did get a voice mail from them. They said they would "call right back with a solution." That was two days ago. My status is still incorrect.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@krafty81 wrote:

I left a customer feedback request on the website. I did get a voice mail from them. They said they would "call right back with a solution." That was two days ago. My status is still incorrect.

Are you flying soon? I'm not sure I understand your concern. 

You already have A-List, so all you're missing until ALP kicks in is free wifi and the Rapid Rewards points multiplier. You can always pay for the wifi and request a refund later, and also request the correct multiplier later.

krafty81
Adventurer C

I have flights coming up and I do not want to go through the hassle of "requesting" points I should have been given. Just seems that adding up points and updating status should be automatic and transparent.

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

I suspect that, since it sounds like your flights aren't imminent, your status will likely be updated in time. Try to keep in mind that yours is just one of literally hundreds of thousands of accounts being processed right now. And that, once it is processed and updated, these few days will just be a blip you'll quickly forget. 😉

krafty81
Adventurer C

Came through today. All good!