Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unable to create an account

JulianABacon
Explorer C

I’ve been trying to create a Southwest account on multiple devices and multiple browsers but each time I get to the section where I create a username for me it says “A password already exists for this user Error: 400618204”, although it says that the username I have created hasn’t been taken yet it gives me that error. I have also put in random letters and numbers into the space but it still says that every username I create has already been taken. Can anyone explain how to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Unable to create an account

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution

You'll need to get in touch directly with Southwest using one of the methods in the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of page.  The Twitter team is available 24 hours a day.

Most of us here in the forums are customers.

Customer | Home airport DCA

dfwskier
Aviator A

Try using your RR number as your username

bec102896
Aviator A

We're you just trying to do this last night (2/26/20)? If so I know there was website maintenance going on so that may have affected your ability to create an account. I would give it another try in the middle of the day today and see if the problem is fixed. If you still have issues I would reach out to Southwest on Twitter and hopefully they can help. 

-Blake