Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unable to get updated points in order to book companion pass flights

cbishop
Explorer C

Hello, does anyone have any advice?  I tried to book a flight on the SWA website for the last 5 days.  A message appears indicating that year end points won't be processed for 15 days!  That's right, 15 days!  Who does that in this day and age?  What would happen if I had to fly before that!? I called the phone number on the website, waited 15 minutes, received a polite call back telling me they had no idea what I was talking about, put me on hold for 5 minutes then came back to confirm what I already knew. Then told me that I had to call customer relations and do it before 6:00 CST.  Did that. Waited another 15 minutes.  Guy there had literally no idea what was going on with this points account reconciliation timing!  Told me I had to call back and press option #5.  Only he didn't tell me in which set of button pressing scenarios I needed to press #5.  Now I am on hold for over 15 minutes.  SWA, I love you guys but this is a horrible customer experience.  You are making it impossible for me to do business with you and I am afraid that if I can't get these flights booked, flights will be sold out before January 15 when the new account info is supposed to be updated.  Help!!!!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Unable to get updated points in order to book companion pass flights

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Can you clarify what you mean? Your points should be in your account and there should be no reason why you can't book right now. The year-end accounting applies to tier scores and companon pass qualification.

Re: Unable to get updated points in order to book companion pass flights

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I'm assuming you have your ticket already booked.

If so, book the companion using your points now as a safety net. Then when companion pass is activated before the 15th, you can refund the points back to your account and book the companion ticket. (Or book the companion from the companion's own points, either way.)

If for whatever reason CP isn't awarded by then, at least you have the ticket for the companion reserved.

If it isn't too late, book the flights in one-way segments so that you could cancel them indivdiually in case you got CP between flights or in the future when you need to make changes.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.