Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unable to log in to app

CJC_18
Explorer C

Haven’t been able to log into the app for a few weeks now. Tried all the usual stuff, uninstall/reinstall, restart phone, reset password. Nothing works. 

keep getting this error on iPhone:431999D8-F7B1-407D-BF75-8971A4DE72BC.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Unable to log in to app

bec102896
Aviator A

@CJC_18

The moderator will have to approve your photo so I am not sure the exact error you are getting 

in the meantime are you able to log in to your account on the southwest website? Are you located in the United States or out of the country? If you are out of the United States I have heard lots of people say they can't get in to there account as Southwest blocks some international places from accessing there website and app. i am guessing since you have uninstalled and reinstalled your app should be at the current version but I would check that as well as they did have a new update on IOS this past weekend 

i would also recommend sending the screen shot to Southwest on Facebook or Twitter so they can look in to the issue as well as they usually respond quickly and might be able to help as well. 

once the photo is approved I can try to help better if I know what's happening. 

Hope this helps!

Blake 

CJC_18
Explorer C

Thanks @bec102896

The website works fine on safari app and laptop. I’ve logged in on both. 

Located in California. I’ll try sending it to them on Facebook, thanks for the suggestion!

Sassysueaz
Explorer C

I cannot log into my account on my iPhone with the app. I can log into my husbands account on the same phone and through the app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Nothing. I get an error message. I can log into my account on southwest.com. I have been able to log in in the past with no problem. The fact that I can get into my husbands account on the same phone baffles me. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Sassysueaz wrote:

I cannot log into my account on my iPhone with the app. I can log into my husbands account on the same phone and through the app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Nothing. I get an error message. I can log into my account on southwest.com. I have been able to log in in the past with no problem. The fact that I can get into my husbands account on the same phone baffles me. 

I don't have the link handy, but there was a previous posting a while back about passwords that could be too long or have certain characters that wouldn't authenticate on the app, but would work fine on the desktop.

@GloriaLcan you help diagnose?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

GloriaL
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the screenshot. I will have a conversation with my team!