Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Update: Known Issues with RapidReward Pts not posting from Chase

travelnut
Explorer C

All:

After several phone calls with chase, Rapid Reward customer service and ultimately the Corp Offices at SWA, I learned the points earned on for statements closing on January 1 and 2 have been delayed due to a technical issues with Southwest.

I was told "they are working on it" but have no estimate of when it will be fixed.

My business card has a close date of January 3 and posted fine.  But my personal card was January 1st and is within the known problem area.  

This is a total bummer for those of us counting on these points for January travel.  

I hope the can resolve this soon.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Update: Known Issues with RapidReward Pts not posting from Chase

sincity_blondie
Explorer C

I am running into the same issue. Mine is a new card and I was told my bonus points would post once my statement hit.   Ive reached out to SW and Chase.  Southwest told me to contact Chase as they post and Chase is telling me to contact Southwest.   Pretty frustrated being a new card.  Waiting to book airfare for these to post. 

Re: Update: Known Issue with RapidReward Pts not posting from Chase

travelnut
Explorer C

It's not a Chase issue.  My statement says chase sent the points to SWA and I confirmed with Chase that the points were sent over on January 2nd.

I got the same runaround and had to call multiple times.  SWA finally admitted any points with statement close dates of  January 1 and 2 had not hit Rapid Reward accounts and they were aware of the problem.  THIS IS happening only to people with statement close dates of the 1st or 2nd.  LUCKY US!!!

I wish they would be more forthcoming about their "technical issues."   

SWA's excuse is that they have 30 days to get points posted per their contract with Chase.  So all we can do is wait.  Kind of disappointing as a new card holder myself trying to book a January flight.

jfullam
Explorer C

I am in the same boat and got the same runaround from SWA.  My points always post by the 3rd of the month, but nothing for January.

Chase assures me that it is an issue with SWA.

I guess we wait...

jfullam
Explorer C

My points finally posted today!