Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Upgrade process for Priority card holders

jennyweigle
Explorer C

Hello! I now have the Priority Card and was wondering the process for taking advantage of the boarding upgrade benefit...I'm flying on Monday. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Upgrade process for Priority card holders

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@jennyweigle wrote:

Hello! I now have the Priority Card and was wondering the process for taking advantage of the boarding upgrade benefit...I'm flying on Monday. Thanks!

Buy the upgrade like normal using the new card and a credit should automatically appear in the next statement.

I wasn't under the impression that you had to do anything other than use the priority card.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

It is my understanding that when you make the purchase of the upgraded boarding, the credit will post to your credit card account automatically! This is true of the flight purchase credit.

So purchase the upgraded boarding at the gate, based on availability, using your Priority card, and the credit will post after your make the purchase.

Enjoy!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hey @jennyweigle!

How the heck are you!? We can't wait to see you onboard Monday! Looks like two of our Community Champions have already provided you with some great information. Safe travels and Merry Christmas!

krafty81
Adventurer C

Yes I have now done this three times and the credit shows up on the next statement. A great perk!