Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

User name for members

RWRose63
Explorer C

I have been on the phone with SW for almost 38 minutes now trying different departments. I have a simple question and no one has an answer for me. The question is:

Can I change my user name?

My user name is stuck on a single word or it requires me toremember my Rapid rewards number, which is very long. The answer I get is to use my number. My answer back is whay can't we choose our own user name? They said I have to call corporate for that answer. So now I am on hold with corporste and they said the wait time is over 30 minutes. I am very frustrated now!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: User name for members

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @RWRose63,

Once you are logged in to your Rapid Rewards Account, click on the "My Account" link at the top of the page. From here, you can click on the "View My Preferences" box or scroll to the bottom section of the page. Next, select “Personal” from the menu options listed within the “My Preferences” section and click on the “Edit” box next to your Profile Information. Once you have updated your information, click “Save”.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Note that you cannot change your user name via "My Preferences."

From what I understand, even Southwest reps can't change a username. If this is true, it's likely a result of their antiquated software. 😞

pyroside
Explorer C

Yea I tried I can change everything else but username. I just got merrged and it appears someone has provided me with a different username. Well this is nothing wait untill you try to input a username on the credit card on-line system by CHASE !!!!!  

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

You should call Customer Relations at 1-855-234-4654 asap, as this could be an indication that someone else has access to your account.

It's actually quite easy to change your username on Chase. Log in and click on Personal Details, About Me, then Edit next to User Name.

2.jpg