Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

WHY weren't A-listers notified of $49 Hawaii Fares ahead of time, now sold out?!!!!!!!!!!

mayabulleit
Explorer A

So mad. What is the point of working so hard to be an A-lister and SWA Credit Card holder, if we do not get inside information or at least a jump-start on sales? 

WHY weren't A-listers notified of $49 Hawaii Fares ahead of time, now sold out?!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone here get notification of the Hawaii sale?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: WHY weren't A-listers notified of $49 Hawaii Fares ahead of time, now sold out?!!!!!!!!!!

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

There was no advanced notice, and, frankly, I didn’t expect for there to be. I saw the announcement on social media and here shortly after it broke. I’m not aware of any situation where airlines notify certain groups about new service and fare availability first.

As you can imagine, demand for this is huge, and there are still great fares available. Good luck in grabbing some good values!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Re: WHY weren't A-listers notified of $49 Hawaii Fares ahead of time, now sold out?!!!!!!!!!!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Sadly, early notification of a sale is not an A-List perk. It doesn't sound like even Southwest employees had heads up. Hopefully you were able to find a price that was low enough to book a trip.

--TheMiddleSeat

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

I too was surprised that there was no announcement anywhere until after the fares had been on sale for a couple of hours. But I agree that no one should really expect such notification be given.

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

One reason I don't think they notified A List members is because all the non A List members would be upset that there wasn'tan email saying tickets will go on sale at x time today to them. I am guessing to be fair to everyone they just released the tickets made some announcements and first come first serve just like all sales that occur. 

I would recommend watching the site though as you never know when they might release another sale. 

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B
Solution

I found it funny that I could book tickets from MCI, but there were no return flights....  Guess it's now a sign that I should just live there? 🙂  

New excuse for boss as to why I'm not returning after vacay: "um, SW doesn't fly me back home". LOL

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@PDFelter wrote:

I found it funny that I could book tickets from MCI, but there were no return flights....  Guess it's now a sign that I should just live there? 🙂  

New excuse for boss as to why I'm not returning after vacay: "um, SW doesn't fly me back home". LOL

Yeah I had the same issue from AUS and it all has to do with the connection. the flight wouldn't arrive with enough time to connect to your flight to MCI you would have to do an overnight in CA or fly one of those other guys. But yeah I'm sure the bosses wouldn't mind if we all moved to Hawaii because there is no return 😂 

pvdreew1
Explorer C
Solution

Is there a chance for added seats or flights for This sale in March and April?

Djlc808
Explorer C
Solution

Heard it on the local News in Hawaii