Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Website - Can't See Flights Booked with Points

skorpad
Explorer C

I will book flights for my family with my RR points.  When I log into my account and view the upcoming flight, I use to be able to click a drop-down and look at each of the tickets bought.  I could then cancel, change, add in early bird check-in, etc.  

In the last week, I now can't see this.  

Did this functionality go away?  Does anyone else notice this?

I spoke to a customer service agent and he had no idea what I was speaking about.

Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Website - Can't See Flights Booked with Points

skorpad
Explorer C

This is actually getting worst and is costing myself (as well as SWA customer service time).

I booked 8 tickets for a trip to Denver.  2 adults and 6 kids. I booked the flights using points many months ago.

Up till a week or two ago, I could login and see all 8 tickets and who each was for...I could then purchase Early-Bird if I wanted, and I could check us each in very efficiently via the website.

Now, I can only see my ticket.

To buy early-bird, I have to call SWA, go through a wait queue, talk to the agent, provide all my information on who I am, go find the right confirmation number for each child, locate my credit card, and then book each early-bird over the phone.  This takes a lot of time for both myself and the SWA agent.  Previously, I could do all of this via the website in a matter of a few minutes.

Also, in a couple weeks when I go to check in, I will have to enter in each name and confirmation number manually (instead of point and click), again costing me time.

The APP is behaving the same way...I can no longer see all the flights I have purchased, only the one directly tied to me.

I hope this change isn't permanent.  The ease of use with Rapid Rewards, booking flights, changing flights, etc was an advantage and a reason I came to SWA.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Yes, this functionality dropped off suddenly a couple of weeks ago.

This is likely related to the changeover to the new "next generation" reservation system. There are many issues with that transition, so it's possible this could be another issue... or it's possible that this is how the system will work going forward, since the new system apparently has many limitations (such as losing refundability on previously fully-refundable fares).

Can someone official please let us know what is going on, please?

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @skorpad and @chgoflyer

I'm doing some research to get you an answer and some insight on this issue. Thanks for bringing it up on the Community - I'll report back soon with an update. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

So... any update?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?

Bueller?

LindseyD

@skorpad,

I'm sending you a private message to get a little more information about what you're seeing.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Flights booked using points for passengers other than the RR account holder no longer show up in the online account of the RR member who booked the flight.

Example:

In a single transaction, I booked a flight for myself and a friend, using my points for both fares.

After booking, I could see the itinerary under "My Travel," including info for both passengers and the two individual confirmation numbers.

Now, a few weeks later, I can only see my info. There is no indication of any other passenger.

I am able to pull up the details of his flight using his confirmation number and the "Flights > Manage Revervations" function. And a week ago I received a "Review Itinerary" email that included both traveler's information. But the flight doesn't show along with my itinerary under "My Travel."

Hope this helps diagnose the issue.

LindseyD

I've submitted the information that was provided by this thread to our folks in technology. They are working to diagnose the issue, and I'll post an update when I have it!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Thanks! While two weeks + may seem like a long time to wait for the answer to a relatively simple issue, I'm sure your IT people have their hands full these days with all the issues related to the conversion to the new booking system. Please let us know when/if you eventually have any info.