Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: When will I l receive California Companion Promotion Pass?

LA_FadeAway
Explorer B

It's been seven business days for me and they say we have to wait fifteen before even bothering to call back. So frustrating.

Tkeffer
Explorer C

OMG, this is crazy, my husband called again this morning and they verified he qualified for the pass, but to give it 7 days atleast.  Seriously everytime it is a different answer.  It would actually be nice if there was a SW employee who was reading these and would respond.  Just give us the RIGHT answer.

LA_FadeAway
Explorer B

I know. I got another employee today who also verified that I qualified but told me to give it to November 21 now. Ugh.

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

Just a helpful tip on companion pass.  You do not have to add the companion at the time you purchase your flight.  Also keep checking in your Rapid Reward in your upcoming flights you should see in blue text "add companion" 

Companion Pass

The Member must first book and purchase his/her flight in cash or points through Southwest Airlines and then book the Companion's flight through Southwest Airlines by choosing the Rapid Rewards Companion Pass booking option on Southwest.com, or if calling our toll-free reservations number at 1-800-248-4377, notifying the Customer Representative that a Rapid Rewards Companion Pass will be used. Both the Member and the Companion must be booked on the same flights and dates. If the Member’s ticket is cancelled, the Companion’s ticket will also be cancelled. If the Member changes his/her ticket, the Member must also change the Companion’s ticket to match the Member’s ticket changes or the Companion’s ticket will be cancelled. If the Companion is not traveling with the Member, the Companion will be required to pay for his/her ticket. The Member and the Companion must check in together and, if asked, present the Companion Pass card at the Southwest Airlines' Ticket Counter, Skycap podium, or Departure Gate in order for the Companion to travel. Valid photo identification for both Member and the Companion is required. The Member and the Companion must board with their assigned group(s). For A-List and A-List Preferred Members who have also qualified for a Companion Pass, reserved boarding privileges will not be provided to the Companion unless the Companion is also an A-List or A-List Preferred Member.

Companion Pass qualification will be based on a calendar year. Once Companion Pass status is earned, the Member can begin using his/her Companion Pass immediately once he/she has designated a Companion. The Member will maintain Companion Pass status for the remainder of the calendar year in which the status was earned and for the entire calendar year immediately following. To continue receiving Companion Pass privileges, the Member must requalify each calendar year. The beginning validity date and/or expiration date of Companion Pass status or a Companion Pass card may not be adjusted.

The Member will automatically be notified of Companion Pass eligibility and provided with Companion Pass rules and instructions for designating a Companion. The Member is limited to one Companion at any time. After designating a Companion, the Member will be issued a Companion Pass card. The Companion Pass card is not transferrable. The Member may, however, change his/her designated Companion and request issuance of a new Companion Pass card up to three (3) times each calendar year that the Member maintains Companion Pass status. Any reservation with the current Companion Pass would need to be cancelled before changing his/her designated Companion. Requests may be made by calling 1-800-435-9792. Allow 21 business days for processing and issuance of the Companion Pass card. The Member's designated Companion must be an individual. An individual may not travel as both a Member and a Companion on the same flight. Corporations and other entities cannot be designated as Companions.

Companion Pass travel has no blackout dates or seat restrictions.

The Companion Pass card is the property of Southwest Airlines and must be surrendered upon request. The Companion Pass card is not a credit card.

If an eligible Member chooses not to obtain a Companion Pass card, no alternative award will be provided.

LA_FadeAway
Explorer B

My pass showed up on line today, finally! I can breath now. Very happy!!! Smiley Happy Heart

franktravel
Aviator B

Congrats on the the greatest perk!!!!

Re: When I will receive California Companion Promotion Pass?

Png925
Explorer C

Up date, after 5 business days,  I received email from SW today 11/05/16 

IMG_9907.PNG

"Congratulations! You've just earned Companion Pass status."

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hello Everyone,

Congratulations to those of you who earned a Companion Pass through the California Promotion! Please allow 15 business days after the end of the promotion for the Companion Pass to show up in your Rapid Rewards Account. 

Happy Travels!

murphyerinp
Explorer C

Lindsay, 

Who should we contact if it has been more than 15 days and the companion pass still hasn't shown up in our account.  My last trip was on 10/31 and I still haven't received anything regarding my pass.  Pretty disappointing since my A-list status showed up with no issues. 

Erin