Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

When do I receive 40,000 points on the new SW Visa credit card?

dcscola
Explorer C

I just received my Southwest Visa credit card and have charged $1,800.  When does my account get credited with the initial signup bonus of 40,000 points?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: When do I receive 40,000 points on the new SW Visa credit card?

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

To qualify for your bonus points, you must make Purchases totaling $1,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. Please allow up to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your Rapid Rewards.

mschariti
Explorer C

After signing up for the rapid rewards card in March of 2019 I was sent a promotional email letting me know I could earn 40,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months. I spent over $1,000 in the first couple weeks of having the card and never received the promotional points as promised. I finally called them today and they denied that I was eligible for such a promotion even though I have the email directly from them and can find active links to this exact promotion online, which started in February. I am really pissed about the bair and switch they have done. I could have been using other credit cards and actually earning legitimate bonus points or offers that were followed through with. What a scam on their part. 

SWDigits
Aviator A

@mschariti I recommend that you get in touch with the Southwest Customer Relations team using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the forum pages -- I would use the email option.  Comments from the Southwest team in this thread indicate that there is a Southwest employee able to liaison with Chase.

Customer | Home airport DCA