Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Why are Companion Pass points showing less than points earned from a Flight?

heresteve
Explorer C

So when I look in my account at recent transactions and choose to filter by all points earned for each flight I have a certain amount of points earned. When I change the filter to Companion Pass Qualifying Points, the amounts are small. Why is that?

For example on a Flight I earned 961 points (under Point Type All). When I change the filter to Point Type Companion Pass Qualifying Points, that same flight shows 769.

How are these calculated differently?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Why are Companion Pass points showing less than points earned from a Flight?

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Because of the A-list 25% earning bonus.  This does not count towards the Companion pass 

A Member who earns 110,000 Companion Pass qualifying points or who Companion Pass qualifying points are earned from revenue flights booked through Southwest Airlines, points earned on Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Cards, and base points earned from Rapid Rewards Partners. Purchased points, transferred points transferred between members, points converted from hotel and car loyalty programs, and e-Rewards, e-Miles, Valued Opinions, and Diners Club, points earned from program enrollment, tier bonus points, flight bonus points, and partner bonus points (with the exception of the Rapid Rewards Credit Cards from Chase) do not qualify as Companion Pass qualifying points.

Re: Why are Companion Pass points showing less than points earned from a Flight?

heresteve
Explorer C

Ahh After reading that I am wondering what base points earned from Rapid Rewards Partners is? I want to try and get companion this year as quickly as possible!

Thanks for the help!

Jhoaustin
Explorer C
Always upgrade to bus select early in the year and use the heck out of the credit card!!! I'm already half way and I fly two times a month. Works like a charm.