Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

You've been selected for a special bonus. EMAIL - Real?

jdmcclellan
Explorer C

I received and email suggesting it was soutwest but immediately forwarded me to another URL "rewardsforopinions.com"which sort of looked like southwest but wasn't.  Is this a Phishing or SCAM?   I forwarded the email to abuse@ southwest .com - not sure if that worked or not.

Anyone?

sw.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Re: You've been selected for a special bonus. EMAIL - Real?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It's legit. Companies like rental car agencies, hotels, credit cards, and consumer surveys often use Southwest points as a bonus or reward for their customers. Southwest sells the mailing lists and the RR points and you have more opportunities to earn points.  Just realize you are not doing business with Southwest, but one of their "partners".

bec102896
Aviator A

Hello @jdmcclellan

as @TheMiddleSeat said this is not a scam and is a real promotion I received the same email today myself and I am signed up and ready to earn those bonus points.

Also for your own account security I would recommend blurring out your rapid rewards number in the picture.

hope this helps

Blake 

jdmcclellan
Explorer C

Thanks - for the replay and comment on my RR#.  ~jm

bec102896
Aviator A

If you found one or more of these answers helpful would you mind marking the answer(s) that helped you a solution to help others who may have the same question 

thanks

Blake 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

If you found one or more of these answers helpful would you mind marking the answer(s) that helped you a solution to help others who may have the same question 

thanks

Blake 

I had received the offer as well (and signed up although time may be scarce) - you can verify that this is a legitimate site by going to the "ways to earn points" section on Southwest.com and taking surveys will be listed there as well for those that didn't get the targeted email.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.