Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

buying a ticket for someone else with my points

nguzman91
Explorer C

If I have Alist-prefered status and I buy a ticket for someone using my points. do they get access to my status when it comes to boarding poistion? i.e. A group?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: buying a ticket for someone else with my points

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@nguzman91 

the short answer is no.

Only the passenger who has earned A List status will have the benefits and unfortunately they can’t be shared. This also applies to the same day standby benefit, only those who are A List/ A List preferred will be able to standby for free so keep that in mind as well if your booking tickets for your family and want to standby on an earlier flight. 

They can always buy Early Bird check in though or just do the normal check in at 24 hours before the flight.

Hope this helps

Blake 

Re: buying a ticket for someone else with my points

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

@nguzman91 

the short answer is no.

Only the passenger who has earned A List status will have the benefits and unfortunately they can’t be shared. This also applies to the same day standby benefit, only those who are A List/ A List preferred will be able to standby for free so keep that in mind as well if your booking tickets for your family and want to standby on an earlier flight. 

They can always buy Early Bird check in though or just do the normal check in at 24 hours before the flight.

Hope this helps

Blake 

But you make up for that "No" by keeping your status should someone else buy you a ticket! So at least it is consistent that the person gets the benefits, not the purchaser.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.