Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

credit

bellascap
Explorer C

Hi, 
Recently in April I traded my dates for a flight and got money back as redeemable credit, now I cannot find that credit and do not know where or how to access it. If anyone could help me, that would be greatly appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: credit

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You'll need the confirmation number from the flight you changed. Check out this post for more details:

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/General-Travel-Policies/Applyting-Airfare-Credit/m-p/72083/...

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

And if you aren’t able to track down any email confirmations, call SW, and they will be able to help you find it. 

-A List, Companion Pass holder

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@elijahbrantley wrote:

And if you aren’t able to track down any email confirmations, call SW, and they will be able to help you find it. 

Be aware that, unlike in the past when reps could search using the credit card number you used to book, it's now more difficult to get a lost confirmation number via a phone rep.

large.jpg

EDITED TO ADD:

I just noticed the new wording now being used in email confirmations (below, replaces what I posted above). Apparently Southwest really does not want to look up a lost confirmation number for you. This makes it very clear that it's 100% on the customer to keep track of all their confirmation numbers (and any funds associated with them).

Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 2.26.49 PM.png

dfwskier
Aviator A

@bellascap wrote:

Hi, 
Recently in April I traded my dates for a flight and got money back as redeemable credit, now I cannot find that credit and do not know where or how to access it. If anyone could help me, that would be greatly appreciated. 

If you are saying that you changed your reservaton and took different flights, BUT YOU DID FLY,

then your confirmation number for the flight you did take is the same one as the one you are searching for to get access to your travel funds. Toi find it, access your online acount; click on my account; click on my trips; click on past, and the trip you took (with confirmation number) will be there.

If you cancelled the flight, then Southwest would have sent you an e-mail as soon as you cancelled. If you didn't delete it, search your e-mail for an e-maill that starts with the words "cancelled flight reservation" as the first words on the title line. The e-mail will have everything you need to use your travel funds.

Likewise if you changed flights, Southwest would have sent you an e-mail enetitled "updated travel reservation".