Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

earn a 25% bonus???

imrozzy
Explorer C

Sounds good till you read the fine print !!!    ?? must accrue 20K points in order to qualify???  really ??    not happening on my card... wonder how many qualify??  maybe a business card...  not for the average person is it?  ...  and you don't see terms till you sign up...  what a joke!!   Earn a 25% bonus toward your next adventure.

You are now registered! Thank you for your business on Southwest Airlines. We encourage you to book on your company's preferred booking tool.

Terms and Conditions

*To be eligible for this bonus offer, you must register between 6/7/2019 and 10/31/2019 11:59 p.m. ET and have a minimum of 20,000 points earned from Rapid Rewards Credit Card post to your Rapid Rewards account during the promotion period of 7/1/2019 and 10/31/2019. You will qualify for and receive a 25% bonus on points earned from your Rapid Rewards Credit Cardwhich are also posted to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account during the promotional period. Points that are earned from your Rapid Rewards Credit Card during the promotional period but are not posted to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account during the promotional period will not receive the 25% bonus points.  The 25% bonus points will count toward Companion Pass qualification, but will not count toward A-List or A-List Preferred qualification.  Please allow up to 8 weeks after the end of the promotional period for the 25% bonus points to post to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account.   Maximum bonus point accumulation during the promotional period is 10,000 bonus points per Rapid Rewards account. Bonus points earned from Chase on a new credit card promotion will not be eligible for the 25% bonus.  Points transferred from Chase Ultimate Rewards to Southwest Rapid Rewards will not be eligible for the 25% bonus. Only the Rapid Rewards® Member who received this offer from Southwest Airlines® is eligible for this promotion. Offer is nontransferable. This offer is not from Chase. Chase is not responsible for the provision of or failure to provide the stated benefits and services. Bonus points will post directly to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account and will not appear on your credit card statement. Rapid Rewards Credit Card must remain open through 10/31/2019 to qualify for this offer.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: earn a 25% bonus???

SWDigits
Aviator A

I think these are targeted and may have different thresholds.  As another customer I don't have any clue how those may be determined.

Customer | Home airport DCA

Re: earn a 25% bonus???

dfwskier
Aviator A

@SWDigits wrote:

I think these are targeted and may have different thresholds.  As another customer I don't have any clue how those may be determined.

I agree. There must be multiple targeted offers floating around. The one I found has a 10,000 point threshhold. Lot's of poeple could earn 10,000 points in 4 months. 20,000 would be more of a stretch.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/southwest-credit-card-spend-bonus-targeted/