Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

flights booked for points on May 15

gcomens
Explorer C

If you booked a flight or made changes to a flight for points on May 15 be sure and check to see if they charged you the correct number.  I booked a flight and the points they used were a higher price level than it told me it would be.  I discovered it the next day but they will not adjust my fair.

They stated they were having a problem with the computers miscalculating fares on that date but that wasn't the reason I was mischarged.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: flights booked for points on May 15

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

@gcomens,

Thanks for the alert.  I have not seen that issue, but perhaps I do not typically monitor the movement of points in and out of my account. 

I have noticed that it has become harder for me to change tickets on line, even when they show as change options.  I have to call to get changes made, and generally, what is showing on line is what gets offered on the phone.

You might try a letter to Rapid Rewards Customer Service stating the issue.  No promises, but they can sometimes handle written requests differently than phone calls. 

Re: flights booked for points on May 15

chgoflyer
Aviator A

This could be related, the "can't refare a points reservation" error is a known issue, that sadly continues (despite assurances that they are "working on it"). 

Did you save a screenshot? How do you know that you were charged a different amount? What did the confirmation you received right after booking say?