Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

name change extremely difficult

shelley0223
Explorer C

I am recently divorced and need to change my name back to my maiden name on my rapid rewards account.  There is no place to do it on line only a phone number.  That person gave me a link- swacr@wnco.com that doesn't work. This means there is no way to send any documents - divorce papers and drivers license to anyone at Southwest Airlines.  This is very customer unfriendly and using hours of my day that I will never get back due to a poor web-site and uninformed employees.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: name change extremely difficult

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@shelley0223 wrote:

I am recently divorced and need to change my name back to my maiden name on my rapid rewards account.  There is no place to do it on line only a phone number.  That person gave me a link- swacr@wnco.com that doesn't work. This means there is no way to send any documents - divorce papers and drivers license to anyone at Southwest Airlines.  This is very customer unfriendly and using hours of my day that I will never get back due to a poor web-site and uninformed employees.

If you use Twitter that would be a way to initiate the change without calling. See this prior thread:

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Rapid-Rewards/Adding-married-name-to-my-rapid-rewards-accou...

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: name change extremely difficult

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@shelley0223 wrote:

Here is the address if you want to do it by mail:

Can I change the name on my Rapid Rewards account online?

No. Name change requests must be submitted in writing to Rapid Rewards, P.O. Box 36657, Dallas, Texas 75235. Your written request must contain your current Member contact information (name, address, telephone number, and email address if available), Rapid Rewards account number, along with photocopies of your legal documentation (ex. old government issued photo ID and new government issued photo ID, marriage license, divorce decree, etc.) and an informational letter indicating your legal name.

Excerpt from: https://www.southwest.com/html/generated/help/faqs/rapid_rewards_membership_account_faq.html

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.