Share knowledge about the Rapid Rewards
Program and learn from others.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

"Point Plus" hotel properties

Tourist

Do the "Point Plus" hotel properties' points count towards the Companion Pass accumulation?  I'm assuming regular hotel Rapid Rewards points do, but I'm not sure about the Point Plus.

6 REPLIES

Re: "Point Plus" hotel properties

Explorer

No...     "Purchased points, transferred points transferred between members, points converted from hotel and car loyalty programs, and e-Rewards, e-Miles, Valued Opinions and Diners Club, points earned from program enrollment, tier bonus points, flight bonus points, and partner bonus points (with the exception of the Rapid Rewards Credit Cards from Chase) do not qualify as Companion Pass qualifying point."

Weekender

As a general rule:

Base points from partner activity do count towards CP.  Bonus points do not.

The exception is the Chase Rapid Rewards Visa card. All points -- base and bonus -- count towards CP.

Tourist

Wondering if a Southwest employee can weigh in on this.  I've previously heard that these "bonus points" do count towards Companion Pass.

Explorer

My post above is a quote from the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Program Terms and Conditions found on the Southwest website.  They do not count anymore towards Companion pass. 

[ Edited ]
Weekender

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.

"Bonus" Rapid Rewards points from anything except the credit card do not count.

Can you clarify what you mean by, "Bonus Plus"?

Hi @lidowolverine,   I marked @Chgoflyer's response as an...

Employee

Hi @lidowolverine,

I marked @chgoflyer's response as an accepted solution because his answer is correct - 

"Base points from partner activity do count towards CP.  Bonus points do not.

The exception is the Chase Rapid Rewards Visa card. All points -- base and bonus -- count towards CP."

We're here to help if you have additional questions, though! And if we misinterpreted the question, let us know that too. We want to make sure you get the answers you need!

Lindsey
The Southwest Airlines Community