Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

"Point Plus" hotel properties

lidowolverine
Explorer C

Do the "Point Plus" hotel properties' points count towards the Companion Pass accumulation?  I'm assuming regular hotel Rapid Rewards points do, but I'm not sure about the Point Plus.

15 REPLIES 15

Re: "Point Plus" hotel properties

franktravel
Aviator B

No...     "Purchased points, transferred points transferred between members, points converted from hotel and car loyalty programs, and e-Rewards, e-Miles, Valued Opinions and Diners Club, points earned from program enrollment, tier bonus points, flight bonus points, and partner bonus points (with the exception of the Rapid Rewards Credit Cards from Chase) do not qualify as Companion Pass qualifying point."

Re: "Point Plus" hotel properties

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

As a general rule:

Base points from partner activity do count towards CP.  Bonus points do not.

The exception is the Chase Rapid Rewards Visa card. All points -- base and bonus -- count towards CP.

Hi @lidowolverine,   I marked @Chgoflyer's response as an...

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @lidowolverine,

I marked @chgoflyer's response as an accepted solution because his answer is correct - 

"Base points from partner activity do count towards CP.  Bonus points do not.

The exception is the Chase Rapid Rewards Visa card. All points -- base and bonus -- count towards CP."

We're here to help if you have additional questions, though! And if we misinterpreted the question, let us know that too. We want to make sure you get the answers you need!

Re: Hi @lidowolverine, I marked @Chgoflyer's response as an...

Moideas
Explorer C

Hi. Some hotels you can earn anywhere from 1000 to 30000 point for your stay. Does this count toward the companion pass. See photo. Thanks

IMG_0579.PNG

Clarification on Companion Pass earning points

alikennon
Explorer C

It would be great if  @LindseyD would clarify the difference between bonus points and the points reference in the booking as noted in the picture with this post!   It looks to me like I got points towards my next CP from a stay in Vegas earlier this year.  I just booked a hotel in Cabo specifically because of the RR points advertised with the understanding that the points would in fact apply to my next CP.  If they don't I'll cancel and rebook a less expensive place.  Thanks!

beccafries
Explorer C

did we find the answer to this photo?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I don't have personal experience, but other people have reported that points earned through Southwest Hotels and Rocketmiles do count towards Companion Pass. 

franktravel
Aviator B

"Companion Pass qualifying points are earned from revenue flights booked through Southwest Airlines, points earned on Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Cards, and base points earned from Rapid Rewards Partners".

The list of Rapid Reward Partners is on the Southwest website.  I would say no to qualifying points  for the hotel that is in the picture. 

1771tk
Explorer C

Hi @LindseyD

Could you explain this in more detail?

The exception is the Chase Rapid Rewards Visa card. All points -- base and bonus -- count towards CP."

I am not quite sure I understand what you mean. If you have the Chase Rapid Rewards VISA Card and you book a hotel that is offering Rapids Rewards Points Plus Points like in the picture in the thread, those would count toward the companion pass?

Could you let me know?

Thanks