Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

refunds

jas51367
Explorer C

I am wondering if I purchase my airline tickets now for a trip in August if the tickets drop in price could I get a refund for the difference?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: refunds

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

Yes you can.  The credit will be go for one year from the date of the original purchase if you purchase a Wana Get Away ticket.  You can get a refund to your credit card if you purchased an Anytime ticket or Business Select ticket.

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

I assume you're talking about a Wanna Get Away fare -- if so, you don't get a "refund" but you can get a flight credit for the difference. The credit would be held as travel funds, valid for the original passenger(s) only, for one year from the original date of purchase (all travel must be completed by then).

Note: If you mean Anytime or Business Select, or any other refundable fare, then yes. But those fares rarely (if ever) change. And you wouldn't actually get a refund of the difference, you'd want to cancel for a full refund and then rebook at the new lower fare. This ensures you don't lose the refundability, since making any change to a refundable reservation makes it no longer refundable.

sigep563
Explorer C

How do I go about getting the flight credit for the difference?  Can it be done online? 

franktravel
Aviator B

Here is a tip:

From the Southwest Airlines home page click on Flight/Hotel/Car. Now on the left click on Manage reservation, and choose change reservation.  Next fill in your information and choose same flights.