Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

rocket miles points

Explorer C

i have used rocketmiles site to book hotels due to getting so many rapid rewards points and was told that they count towards the companion pass but mine are not showing that they count for it and when i email southwest about it i get no response

6 REPLIES 6

Re: rocket miles points

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Another traveler reported last month that the hotel points no longer count towards Companion Pass. You (unfortunately) appear to be confirming that. Sorry, but it's good to have this confirmed.

--TheMiddleSeat

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Another traveler reported last month that the hotel points no longer count towards Companion Pass. You (unfortunately) appear to be confirming that. Sorry, but it's good to have this confirmed.

--TheMiddleSeat

I'm not sure of the post you are referencing, but I think perhaps you (and they) may be confused. To my knowledge, there have been no recent program changes that affect hotel point CP qualification.

Rapid Rewards points for hotel stays can be earned a few different ways:

-- Directly from select hotel partners. "Base" points are CPQP, "Bonus" points are technically not, however some members report even bonus points are showing up for them as CPQP.

Note, however, that points converted from a hotel's membership program are not CPQP.

-- Booked through the Southwest website (via southwesthotels.com / booking.com). All points are CPQP.

-- Booked via Rocketmiles. All points are CPQP.

Most importantly, points qualify only in the calendar year in which the hotel stay was completed.

Note my reply above to the OP. It's likely points may be showing as non-CPQP because the stay was completed in the previous year.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Here's the post I was referring to:

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Rapid-Rewards/Hotel-Bonus-Points-amp-Companion-Pass/m-p/852...

--TheMiddleSeat

I've replied over there as well. It does sound like what I referenced above -- confusion over which year those points would apply towards CP qualification (points qualify in the year in which the hotel stay was completed.)

Hope this clears up the confusion!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@464974425 wrote:

i have used rocketmiles site to book hotels due to getting so many rapid rewards points and was told that they count towards the companion pass but mine are not showing that they count for it and when i email southwest about it i get no response

To my knowledge there have been no program changes, so points earned from Rocketmiles hotel bookings continue to be Companion Pass Qualifying.

Be aware, however, that points will qualify only in the year in which the hotel stay is completed. Meaning, for example, that if you completed a stay in late December 2018, but the points didn't post until 2019, those points will not now show as CPQP because they qualified for 2018, not 2019.

If your Rocketmiles hotel stay was completed in 2019 and the points are not showing as CPQP you should reach out to Customer Relations. I recommend via Twitter for the quickest reply.

Here's a great resource for definitive information regarding Rapid Rewards point tier qualification (TQP) and Companion Pass Qualification (CPQP):

2019 Rapid Rewards® Qualifying Transactions for 2020 Status

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

I had a hotel stay in January and the "extra" points (13k) counted towards 2019 companion pass.  My guess is the OP may have had a 2018 hotel stay and that is why it isn't showing as CP points.